November & December 2023 – Before planning your visit, please check our ‘Visitor Notices’ for accessibility updates and one-off changes to opening times. Click here to view.
A BEACON OF LIGHT
For centuries, Newcastle Cathedral’s iconic Lantern Tower has been a guiding light for visitors and worshipers alike. Today, we are committed to providing a radical welcome to people of all faiths and none and walking with those on the margins of society, through the work of projects such as our Lantern Initiative.
You are invited to join us in preserving and telling the stories connected to this sacred space. Together, we can enhance the experience of all who come through our doors.
Key values of volunteering at Newcastle Cathedral
- Choice – Volunteers can always choose when and how to volunteer with us.
- Diversity – Volunteering is open to all, regardless of background, race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or any other factor.
- Mutual Respect – We support volunteers to fulfil their own potential, aims and goals.
- Recognition – We recognise and champion our volunteers’ contribution to the Cathedral and to the wider community.
Volunteering at Newcastle Cathedral offers a unique combination of benefits you’d be hard-pressed to find anywhere else!
- Receive complimentary access to talks, tours, concerts and evening events.
- Connect with like-minded individuals.
- Become part of a vibrant community.
- Nurture your spiritual well-being.
- Enhance your CV and professional skillset.
- Gain satisfaction from preserving history and supporting our Choir’s musical legacy.
Our ‘Better Impact’ page is regularly updated with volunteering opportunities spanning all aspects of Cathedral life.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange to be sent a paper application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone our Volunteer Coordinator, Vanessa, on 0191 232 1939.