SEE US IN A NEW LIGHT
- Newcastle City Council
- NE1 Business Improvement District
- NewcastleGateshead Initiative
- Northumbria University
- Together Newcastle
- NewcastleGateshead Heritage Forum [see below for more information]
- Heart of the City Partnership
NewcastleGateshead Heritage Forum
The Forum brings together heritage venues and providers to do in partnership those things that are most effectively done collaboratively.
The Forum’s vision is to ensure the full scale of the public heritage offer of NewcastleGateshead is understood by our communities, our visitors and our stakeholders, leading to our heritage being more appreciated, championed, and visited.
It aims to share good practice, resources, expertise, have a stronger voice and more influence and develop joint projects to make a difference.
Our membership includes those who manage heritage venues open to the public and/or provide visitor-focused heritage services within NewcastleGateshead.
Those organisations (e.g. Councils, Higher Education, Business Improvement District providers, NGI) that shape the context for heritage venues and experience providers can be participants/observers in the Forum.
How it operates
The forum is ‘a meeting where ideas and views on a particular issue – in this case heritage – can be exchanged’. There are also ‘task and finish’ groups set up for specified purposes (and with a limited life).
- Savings or benefits from any collaboration must outweigh costs;
- There should be a balance of benefit for larger and smaller organisations;
- Flexible collaboration is important. Forum members can choose to opt in or opt out of any specific collaboration.
- Sharing and collaborating must be practical and legal.
- Evidence of progress on any joint working or shared services should be gathered and tracked to demonstrate the benefits of collaboration.
For more information about NewcastleGateshead Heritage Forum, contact Kylea Little, Forum Coordinator, here.