SEE US IN A NEW LIGHT
Volunteer with us
Come and join us on our next big adventure – and let us be part of yours!
COVID-19: we are currently collecting names of those interested in volunteering, so we encourage you to get in touch. However, volunteering opportunities are currently on hold until at least September/October 2020.
Volunteers are integral at the Cathedral, enriching the daily life of all who work, worship and visit here and opportunities exist to get involved as a volunteer in almost every aspect of our work.
Involving volunteers in our daily life and work at Newcastle Cathedral allows us to:
- Enhance the warm, friendly and radical welcome offered to all who visit us, whatever their reason for doing so.
- Open up our stories – exploring the rich heritage of our wonderful building.
- Offer a range of opportunities for a diverse range of people to get involved in the life of the Cathedral.
- Empower those volunteering with us to expand their own sense of worth through the development of their skills and experience.
Volunteering at Newcastle Cathedral revolves around the following key values:
- Choice – Volunteers are always free to choose when and how to volunteer with us.
- Diversity – Volunteering is open to all, regardless of background, race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith or any other factor.
- Mutual Respect – We recognise that volunteers have individual reasons for joining us and that these reasons will be different for each volunteer. Therefore, we support volunteers to fulfil their own potential, aims and goals through their volunteering with us.
- Recognition – We ensure that we provide regular opportunities to recognise the contribution made by our volunteers to both our organisation and to the wider community.
If you are interested in becoming part of our story, we are currently recruiting in the following roles:
Offer a warm and friendly welcome to all visitors.
Share the stories of people and places connected with our wonderful building.
Prepare and serve hot drinks, biscuits and maybe some cake, to visitors, with a friendly smile and a willingness to chat!
Special Event Stewards
Support concerts, exhibitions and other events at the Cathedral.
Offer visiting groups an in-depth and fascinating history of the Cathedral and its place in the city.
To find out more, please email our Volunteer Coordinator.